Is Buddy Break Still Happening?
The health and safety of our VIP families are of utmost importance. Buddy Break church leaders are closely monitoring the developments of COVID-19 and will follow CDC recommendations. At this time, it means that most, if not all Buddy Break programs are postponed. If you have any questions, please contact your local Buddy Break program.
Please join us in praying for health and healing for our community, nation, and world!
Kids have FUN! Parents get a BREAK!
What is Buddy Break?
Buddy Break is a FREE Parents’ Day Out/respite program where kids with all types of special needs (VIP kids) have FUN while their parents get a BREAK. At Buddy Break, VIP kids and their siblings make new friends, play games, do crafts, hear children’s stories, enjoy music, and more! Meanwhile, parents get a break from their ongoing care-giving responsibilities, usually for three hours on a Friday night or Saturday morning.
Why Buddy Break?
Giving families of kids with special needs a break
- One out of 10 kids under the age of 14 has some kind of special need. You probably know someone with a VIP kid!
- The weight and stress of raising a child with special needs can be overwhelming.
- Mental Health Treatment of stress is 2-3x higher for parents of VIP kids versus parents of typical kids.
- The divorce rate is high (up to 80%) for couples with a child with special needs.
- Families may experience extreme isolation, depression, loneliness, and fatigue.
- Opportunities to get a break are rare, yet desperately needed to survive.
Get a Break!
Do you have a VIP and need a break? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
VIPs include kids with any physical, cognitive, medical, or hidden disability, chronic or life-threatening illness, or those who are medically fragile. This program is for VIP kids ages 2 to 16, as well as siblings K4 to fifth grade. Some Buddy Break locations have expanded their programs to serve a wider age range based on the need in their communities.
Need a BREAK? Click HERE to find out how to get one with 3 easy steps!
Give a Break!
Start or expand your ministry
Would your church like to start or expand your ministry to kids with special needs and their families through Buddy Break? Click HERE for more information on starting this exciting program! On-demand training now available!!!
Volunteer at a Buddy Break
- Find a Buddy Break location near you (Click here)
- Contact that location’s coordinator and schedule a time to go Buddy Training 101 to be a Buddy!
Where is Buddy Break?
Click HERE to find a location near you