To see the contact information and description for a specific resource, click on the resource’s name and the rest of the information will appear.
Programs and events for people living with disabilities
- Location: P. O. Box 99, Altoona, FL 32702-0099
- Phone: 214-336-1188
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.access-life.org
- Contact: Doug & Leanne Goddard
- Develops and executes programs and events for people living with disabilities. These programs and events share love and the gospel of Jesus Christ as well as connect people to Christ-honoring churches, organizations, resources, and people within their community.
- CCFH Ministries
Training and resources
- Phone: 865-546-5921
- Website: www.ccfh.org
- Contact: Jim Pierson
- Offers practical training and resources on how to start a disability ministry, including online training, books, videos, etc.
- Champions Club
Special Needs Ministry of Lakewood Church in Houston, TX
- CLC Network (Christian Learning Center)
Providing education and lifelong support services
Resource for Special Needs Ministry
- Phone: 321-723-2188
- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Contact: Joe and Ann Trementozzi, Special Touch Missionaries
- Works with church leadership to facilitate disability awareness and if desired, start a special needs ministry. Ministers to family members of those with disabilities and offers compassion.
- Faith Alive Christian Resources
Christian education resources
- Phone: 800-333-8300
- Email: Sales@FaithAliveResources.org
- Website: www.faithaliveresources.org
- Provides Christian education resources for ministering to people with disabilities. A portion of their website, www.faithaliveresources.org/Disability-Ministry, has materials intended to meet the growing demand for special needs ministry resources. You can also use their website’s search box and type in the words “Disability”, “Disabilities”, and/or “Special Needs” to reveal the different resources available. (Some of their resources are listed on the Nathaniel’s Hope resource webpage of Books, Music, Videos, Magazines.)
- Friendship Ministries
“Sharing God’s love with people who have cognitive impairments”
- Phone: 888-866-8966
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.friendship.org
- Contact: Nella Uitvlugt, Executive Director
- Helps churches and organizations minister with people who have mental impairments by learning and spending time with each other and forming friendships. Provides religious education materials designed specifically for people with intellectual disabilities. Consults with congregations wishing to start religious education programs for both youth and adults. Spanish materials are available.
- Gospel Publishing House
Christian education resources
- Phone: 1-800-641-4310
- Website: www.gospelpublishing.org
- Provides Christian education resources for ministering to people with disabilities. At their website’s search box, type in the words “Disability”, “Disabilities”, and/or “Special Needs” to reveal the different resources available.
- Group Publishing Inc.
Christian education resources
- Joni and Friends
Programs and services such as radio broadcast
- Phone: 818-707-5664, TTY: 818-707-9707
- Website: www.joniandfriends.org
- Offers a variety of programs including family retreats for families with disabilities and training and curriculum guides to equip churches. They have a Special Needs Smart Pages curriculum for ministering to kids with special needs and Camp “Lean on the Lord,” a disability awareness program and missions curriculum for kids.
- Key Ministry
A church for every child
- Phone: 440-543-3400
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.keyministry.org
- Contact: Dr. Stephen Grcevich
- Equips churches to welcome and include children and families affected by hidden disabilities (an emotional, behavioral, or developmental condition that has no outwardly apparent symptoms) in all aspects of the life of the church.
- LifeWay Christian Resources
Resources including the Special Education Today magazine
- Website: www.lifeway.com
- Reaches out to churches and families with resources including the “Special Education Today” magazine, “Access,” “Special Buddies,” and Vacation Bible school curricula, and www.lifeway.com/specialneeds, an online resource which houses articles, downloadable items, event information, and other materials intended to meet the growing demand for special needs ministry resources.
- Lift Disability Network
Support programs and learning initiatives
- Phone: 407-210-3916
- Website: www.liftdisabilitynetwork.org
- Contact: Jim Hukill, Executive Director
- Exists to elevate life in the disability family. This ministry network is dedicated to connecting leaders, ministries, and agencies that work in the disability community across the nation.
Training and mentoring to assist people in developing a disability ministry
- McLean Bible Church
Ministry to kids with special needs
- Phone: 703-770-2942, TTY: 703-770-2939
- Website: www.mcleanbible.org
- Contact: Jackie Mills-Fernald, Director
- Access Ministry is McLean’s ministry to kids with special needs. The church regularly holds Accessibility Summit (usually in April), a conference to equip churches for disability ministry.
- National Organization on Disability
Resource to help churches get started in disability ministry
- Phone: 202-293-5960, TTY: 202-293-5968
- Website: www.nod.org
- The Religion and Disability Program, a program of N.O.D., works to help faith-based organizations remove the barriers of attitude, stereotypes, architecture, and communications. “That All May Worship” is a workbook to help churches get started in disability ministry.
- Pure Ministries
A ministry of Zachariah’s Way
- “Special Needs – Special Ministry” Guidebook
- Phone: 800-447-1070
From the Publisher:“Special Needs – Special Ministry” inspires and blueprints the creation and nurturing of a special needs ministry; it is a practical, real-world guide to help you reach out to everyone! In a warm and friendly way this complete step-by-step guide helps you think through the strategy, scope, and purpose of your special needs ministry.You’ll be prepared to build, launch, expand, or deepen your special needs ministry with:
- Stories of the successes and failures of Churches with special needs programs
- Ideas to build awareness about the special needs ministry in your Church
- Step by step plans to launch or further develop a special needs ministry and think through the staffing, space, budget, and leadership implications of hosting a special needs ministry.
- Ways to partner with local agencies
- Insight from Pat Verbal, Louise Tucker Jones and more!
- Four pulpit-tested sermon outlines from Dr. Jim Pierson to raise awareness of special needs in your Church
- Ten ready-to-copy inserts or fliers that will help Church members discover how people with special needs serve the Church and impact our world.
- Phone: 800-447-1070
- Special Touch Ministry
Serving the concerns of people with disabilities
- The Special Gathering: Ministry Resource
Religious services for the mentally challenged community
- Location: PO Box 685 Cocoa, FL 32623
- Phone: 321-632-0130
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.nbbd.com/npr/specialgathering/
- Contact: Richard Stimson
- Holds religious services for the mentally challenged community in conjunction with the local church. Provides advocacy, fellowship, ministry teams, training, education, and publications. Also offers summer camps for children with special needs.
- Young Life Capernaum Ministries
Program designed especially for kids and young adults with disabilities
- Website: www.younglife.org/Capernaum/
- Contact: Suzanne Williams, Southern Division Coordinator of Capernaum
- Capernaum is a program of Young Life designed especially for kids and young adults with disabilities. It provides a place where young people with disabilities can share their struggles and be encouraged to be all that God designed them to be.