Schools & Educational Options
- Ability Unlimited, LLC
Provide early intervention, specialized education and applied behavior analysis for families with special needs…
- Location: 6510 Metrowest Blvd., Suite 305-E, Orlando, FL 32835
- Phone: 407-276-1808
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.abilitiesunlimitedtherapy.com
- We provide tutoring, training, and behavioral supports for individuals with autism and related disorders. We believe that the best moments in life are experienced during childhood. Therefore, we are committed to awakening the natural brilliance in every child.
- Academy for Autism
School for children with Autism, also outpatient therapy clinic.
- Location: 5232 B South Orange Ave., Orlando, FL 32809
- Phone: 407-852-9922
- Fax: 407-852-9944
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.academyforautism.org
- The Academy takes pride in our loving relationships with students. We treat them with dignity at all times. We adapt to each child’s best learning styles. We use individual instruction, a predictable daily schedule, sensory input and behavioral intervention in a program tailored to each child.
- Alpine Academy
School for children with special needs.
- Location: 848 Executive Drive, Oviedo, Florida 32765
- Phone: (407)-678-8889
- Website: www.myalpine.org
- Located in the Oviedo and Winter Springs area, Alpine Academy provides exceptional educational opportunities for students with unique learning needs such as Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, Specific Learning Disabilities or children with other behavioral or emotional needs.
- Applied Behavior Center (ABC)
Educational alternative for children w/autism & related disorders
- Location: 113 W. Chapman Rd, Oviedo, FL 32765
- Phone: 407-324-7772
- Email: Info@appliedbehaviorcenter.com
- Website: www.appliedbehaviorcenter.com
- Applied Behavior Center was founded on the principle that not every child learns in the same way. Through careful observation and interaction with each child, a determination of the best way to teach them, based on their individual learning styles is established. The program is unique in that all the programs are developed by Behavior Analysts who provide program oversight and also spend time directly in the classroom. Each child is given the attention they need and deserve. Our goal is to maximize teaching opportunities and make the learning process more efficient. Small classroom sizes & programs written by Behavioral Analysts insure a positive result.
- Arbor School of Central Florida
The mission of The Arbor School is to provide a customized therapeutic/educational experience to help every child achieve their full potential in life.
- Bright Learning Cyber Academy
Cyber School for Kids with Special Needs
- Location: 7300 Aloma Avenue, Winter Park, FL 32792
- Phone: 407-716-1672
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.teachuhow.com
- We established Bright Learning Cyber High School to work specifically with children who need an alternative to traditional school settings and options. We are a K-12 private school that exists to assist and support parental school choice for their child, while fulfilling all Florida Department of Education and State Standard requirements for our students.
- Bright Beginnings
School for all kind of Special Needs kids
- Location: 2219 S. Woodland Blvd. Deland, FL 32720
- Phone: 386-736-9849
- An extended day pre-school and child care program for infants through age 4 with and without disabilities. The program operates from 7am-6pm Mon-Fri. The curriculum includes active indoor and outdoor activities, creative and imaginative play, language development, and discovery centers. For the children with disabilities, the program includes an early intervention component, therapy, parenting services, accessible facilities, and adaptive equipment.
- Bright Beginnings serves able-bodied children and children who are developmentally delayed or at-risk of delay, or who have been diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy, Spina Bifida, Down Syndrome, visual or hearing impairments, or speech and language disorders.
- Conductive Education Center of Orlando
Private school & programs for children with motor skills disabilities
- Location: 931 S. Semoran Blvd., Suite 220, Winter Park, FL 32792
- Phone: 407-671-4687
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.cecfl.org
- A non-profit center for children with motor skills disabilities. CECO works to enhance the independence of children with motor disabilities through conductive education.
- Conductive education is an intensive, multi-disciplinary approach to education for children with motor challenges. Conductive education uses movement repetition, strength and motor skill building, and stretching in a supportive group environment with one-to-one staff to student ratio.
- In the CECO program children with motor disabilities repeat tasks and movements on a daily basis, allowing their brains to find alternative paths to create desired movements like sitting, standing, walking and self-feeding.
- Easter Seals Charter School
School for all kind of Special Needs kids – Pre-K 3-5
- Location: 2219 South Woodland Blvd. Deland FL 32720
- Phone: 386-736-9849
- Website: http://fl.easterseals.com
- Deaf and hard of hearing services, Speech therapy, Occupational therapy, Physical Therapy, preschool after school care, and summer program
- Easter Seal Child Development Center
School for all kind of Special Needs kids- from birth to 5 years of age
- Location: 1219 Dunn Ave. Daytona Beach, FL 32114
- Phone: 888-259-4568
- Website: http://fl.easterseals.com
- Childcare center and Charter School from birth to 5 years of age, Deaf and hard of hearing services, Speech therapy, Occupational therapy, Physical Therapy, preschool after school care, and summer program.
- ESE Advisory Council
Broward County Public Schools
- Location: 603 SE 3rd Ave, 9th Floor, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
- Phone: 1-954-292-8444
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.browardschools.com
- Ivan Baratz is an advocate for and will work with families who have children with special needs to help them understand and work through the ESE program in the Broward County Public Schools.
- First Hope at The First Academy
Christian School for Special Needs Kids
- Location: 2667 Bruton Blvd, Orlando, FL 32805
- Phone: 407-206-8801
- Fax: (407) 206-8700
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://thefirstacademy.org
- We address behavioral, social, motor deficits, sensory needs, and educational goals uniquely created for each individual child.
- Floridians for School Choice
A Guide for helping families to choose their children’s schools
- Location: PO Box 530568 Miami Shores, FL 33153
- Phone: 800-805-4485
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.floridians.org
- Information about scholarships available for school choice. Our mission is to give all families in Florida the opportunity to choose their children’s schools. We treat the public funds already set aside for the education of every child in the State as a scholarship that follows the child to the school chosen by the family whether public, private, parochial, home or virtual. Floridians for School Choice is a web-based, statewide, nonpartisan, citizen organization dedicated to advancing public awareness of the benefits of school choice for children, families, schools, and the taxpayers.
- Interventions Unlimited Academy
Applied Behavior Analysis Services for Individuals with Learning or Behavioral Difficulties
- Locations: 848 Executive Drive, Oviedo, Fl 32765
- Phone: 407-678-8889
- Website: http://www.interventionsunlimited.com/
- Interventions Unlimited Academy accepts the McKay Scholarship Accepts students age 3-22yrs Upon acceptance will develop an IEP Interventions Unlimited is dedicated to providing applied behavior analysis services of the highest quality. Our goal is to enable children and adults to achieve maximum potential in their homes, schools, and communities by teaching them adaptive skills and behaviors.
- Life Skills Academy
transitional academic and Therapeutic School to prepare a child to function in a regular classroom
- Location: 1016 Spring Villas Pointe, Ste. 1030, Winter Springs, FL 32708
- Phone: 407-629-9455
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.lifeskillscenter.com
- A transitional, intensive academic and Therapeutic School for children who have Learning Disabilities and who are presently challenged by a Traditional School Program.
- Maitland Academy
Education rich in sensory integration to nurture a child’s whole body/whole mind development
- Location: 148 Tonina Cove, Suite 100, Maitland, FL 32751
- Phone: 407-599-5777
- Fax: 407-332-8899
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.maitlandacademy.com
- Our goal as parents, educators, and therapists is to develop an individualized curriculum for each child combining both National and Sunshine State Standards, speech, behavioral, physical, and occupational therapies delivered within small group and 1:1 instruction in a safe, nurturing, and structured environment.
- Our Children’s Academy and Rehab
Dedicated to facilitating each child’s maximum independence, communicative abilities and academic skills by using innovative programs that combine an educational and medical model
- Location: 150 Avenue B SE, Winter Haven, FL (Administrative Offices), 555 Burn Avenue, Lake Wales, FL (Academy)
- Phone: 863-294-1429 (Administrative Offices), 863-679-3338 (Academy)
- Website: http://ourchildrens.org/
- Our Children’s Academy and Rehab, a 501(3), was founded based on the belief that early intervention is critical to helping children with special needs. They need a safe, positive and nurturing learning environment to develop communication skills, social skills, academic/technical skills and their self-confidence.
- Princeton House Charter School
Serving Children with Autism
- Location: 1166 Lee Road, Orlando, FL 32810
- Phone: 407-523-7121
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.princeton-house.org
- We provide intensive services for language and behavior in addition to “cutting edge” academic curriculum. We utilize 1:1 and small group instruction incorporating ABA principles, discrete trial, verbal behavior, task analysis, and AT.
Transition Education Network
- Location: University of South Florida St. Petersburg, 140 7th Av. South, SVB 108, St. Petersburg, FL, 33701
- Phone: 727-873-4662
- Region East Central Florida: 321-298-1759
- Fax: 727-873-4660
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.project10.info
- The mission of Project 10: Transition Education Network, hereinafter referred to as “Project 10,” is to assist Florida school districts and relevant stakeholders in building capacity to provide secondary transition services to students with disabilities in order to improve their academic success and post-school outcomes. Project 10 serves as the primary conduit between the Florida Department of Education, specifically the Bureau of Exceptional Education and Student Services (BEESS), and relevant school district personnel in addressing law and policy, effective practices, and research-based interventions in the area of transition services for youth with disabilities.
- Project 10 is currently focusing on four major initiatives outlined below: Capacity Building, Interagency Collaboration, Transition Legislation and Policy, and Student Development and Outcomes. The project also supports transition initiatives developed through BEESS and the BEESS Transition Steering Committee.
- Providence Academy
Pre-K through 12th grade
- Location: 1525 South Alafaya Trail, Ste. 102, Orlando, FL, 32828
- Phone: 407-382-5551
- Website: http://www.theprovidenceacademy.com
- Not-for-profit school educating children with special needs kindergarten through 12th grade.
- Public School Profiles
For select States
- Phone: 202-552-1972
- Website: http://www.schools-data.com
- School test results and detailed profiles of public schools in IL, FL, TX, CA and PA
- School Information
- Website: http://www.greatschools.net
- Elementary, middle and high school information for public, private and charter schools nationwide. Search and compare schools Search and compare schools, view school ratings for cities and districts.
- The Academy of Ability
School for children with motor and learning challenges
- The Star Center
Personalized educational and behavior programs for children with autism and related disabilities
- Location: Melbourne, FL
- Phone: 888-554-6558
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.StarCenterForAutism.com
- More than just a school, The Star Center is a family environment designed and operated to promote growth and development through scientific learning principles and lots of love.
- Here you will find among the finest, professionally qualified and talented individuals who are committed to serving a team of terrific kids.
- UCP of Central Florida
Education and therapy services for children with disabilities
- Location: 7 locations throughout Central Florida (East Orlando, Lake Mary, Kissimmee, Winter Garden, Pine Hills, Downtown Orlando)
- Phone: 407-852-3352
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.ucpcfl.org
- UCP provides support (counseling/support groups), education (inclusive charter schools, before/after care and summer programs) and therapy (physical, speech, and occupational therapy) programs for children with all types of developmental disabilities and delays – birth to age 21. At its inclusive Charter schools- students with and without disabilities learn together using art and technology integration.
- Westminster Academy Charter School
A quality educational experience based on each child’s individual needs
- Winter Park Day Nursery, Inc.
School for Special Needs Kids with neurological and cognitive disabilities
- Location: 741 S. Pennsylvania Avenue Winter Park, FL 32789
- Phone: 407-647-0505
- Website: www.winterparkdaynursery.org
- Daycare accepts children ages 2-5 years, including those with neurological and cognitive disabilities. Program includes self-help skills, music therapy, and nursery school program. Free parenting skills classes are offered. Fee based on ability to pay (wait list).
- Hours: M-F, 7:00am – 6:00pm