To see the more information about a specific resource, click on the resource’s name and the rest of the information will appear.
- Buddy Break, a Nathaniel’s Hope program
Free kids/respite program held in partnership with local churches
- Buddy Break is a FREE kids/respite program designed to give caregivers of kids with special needs (VIP kids) a break from their ongoing care-giving responsibilities for three hours. Each VIP kid at Buddy Break is paired up with a Buddy friend for one-on-one attention as everyone has fun playing games, hearing and seeing great children’s stories, videos, music, and more while giving the caregivers a much needed break! Siblings have fun too!
- For more information, click here.
- Bishop Grady Villas
Residential Community for Developmentally Disabled & Mentally Challenged
- Location: 401 Bishop Grady Court, St. Cloud, FL 34769
- Phone: 407-892-6078
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.bishopgradyvillas.org
- High functioning men and women who are mentally challenged can find Christian homes in Bishop Grady Villas. Each villa provides and environment of compassion and love. Individuals are treated with dignity and respect. Professional staff members assist each resident in obtaining his or her potential for personal and spiritual growth and independence.
- Children First
Home Health Care System
- Location: 4448 Edgewater Drive, Orlando, FL; 3200 N. Wickham Road, Ste. 4, Melbourne, FL 32935
- Phone: Orlando – 407-513-3000 ; Melbourne – 321-757-6713
- Website: https://www.childrenfirsthealthsystem.com/
- Specializing in the care of medically fragile children in your home. Free pharmacy and medical supply delivery to Brevard, Lake, Polk, Orange, Osceola, Seminole, and Volusia counties.
- CJA Behavioral Services
Companion, respite, personal care, behavior therapy
- Location: 809 E Oak St, Suite 106, Kissimmee, FL 34744
- Phone: 407-483-9550
- Email: Elizabeth@cjacenter.com
- Website: www.cjabehavioralservices.com
- Quality services for people with disabilities and challenging behavior. We offer companion, respite, personal care, behavior therapy, mental health, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and more.
- Easter Seals Respite Camp
- Location: 31600 Camp Challenge Road, Sorrento, FL 32776
- Phone: 352-383-4711
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.fl.easterseals.com
- Easter Seals Camp Challenge respite camp is held monthly and provides a selection of your favorite activities for persons with disabilities ages 6 and up. Camp provides a chance for individuals to socialize with friends, participate in adaptive recreational activities, and foster new independence. Programs and activities are adaptive and age appropriate.
- Florida Respite Coalition
Empowering families to receive respite care
- Location: 2304 Aloma Avenue, Suite 100, Winter Park, FL 32792
- Phone: 407-740-8909
- Website: www.FloridaRespite.org
- The mission of the Florida Respite Coalition is to strengthen the caregiver and family’s ability to handle the on-going demands of care-giving.
- Habitat for Hope
Respite, hospice, and long-term lodging to families who have traveled to the mid-south to receive medical care for their children
- Location: 2041 Locke Cuba Rd, Millington, TN
- Phone: 1-886-443-HOPE
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.habitatforhope.org
- Habitat for Hope exists to support, serve, and care for families enduring childhood cancer or life-threatening illness by sharing God’s love through filling practical, financial, emotional, and spiritual needs and supporting families through the toughest hardships of their lives.
- Part of their ministry is “The Hope House,” which is available for family and extended family of children being treated for a life-threatening illness in the Memphis area.
- Maxim Healthcare Services
A leading provider of children’s homecare services
- Phone: 407-647-6555
- Website: www.maxhealth.com
- Maxim Healthcare Services offers a full range of hourly and intermittent care both skilled and unskilled. They provide RN, LPN, HHA, and all ranges of therapy care.
- Respitality (not available in Central Florida)
Hotels offers hospitality and respite
- Website: http://www.respitality.com/respitality.html
- The “hospitality” of local hotels is combined with “respite” care to create “mini-vacations” for parents who have children with special needs. Parents who participate in Respitality receive a gift-certificate for an overnight stay at a local hotel, along with child care funding from UCP, so that they can enjoy a short refreshing break from their demanding daily care routines.
- Families who have a member with a disability face some extra challenges on a daily basis. The whole family benefits when the parents or guardians are able to have a short, refreshing time away.
- Your name will be placed on a list for Respitality and you will be contacted as space permits.
- Respite Care Program – South Dakota
Department of Human Services
- Location: Hillsview Plaza, E. Hwy. 34, c/o 500 East Capital Pierre, SD 57501-5070
- Email: Pauline.Erbele@state.sd.us
- Website: http://dhs.sd.gov/dd/respite/index.aspx
- Goals of Respite Care:
- - Reduce stress and help maintain family relations
- Assist and strengthen the family as a unit
- Contribute to good physical and emotional health, and allow families to successfully continue
caring for their children or adult family member at home
- Provide families time to rest, relax, and recreate
- Help families through periods of crisis and adjustment
- Help improve long-term family stability and reduce the need for out-of-home placements or lessens the need for long-term residential services
- The Therapy Place
Therapies, programs, and services for children with special needs
- Location: 9318 E. Colonial Drive, Ste. 133, Orlando, FL, 32817
- Phone: 407-281-3803
- Fax: 407-249-8916
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.thetherapyplace.com
- Provides occupational, speech, and physical therapy to children under 21. Offers an after-school therapy program, and a summer program, in addition to a respite care program on Saturdays.
- Threshold, Center for Autism, Inc.
Community rehabilitation services to children and adults in Washington County, WI and surrounding areas. (Cognitive, mental or physical disabilities)
- Location: 3550 N. Goldenrod Road, Winter Park, FL 32792
- Phone: 407-671-7060
- Fax: 407-671-6005
- Email: careers@Threshold-center.org
- Website: www.threshold-center.org
- Respite Services Ages served: 5 to 60 years old. Residential and day treatment program for children and adults with developmental disabilities and autism. Respite services include: after school, sibling care, night, adult day care, adult day training (Pottery Shop), camps (Seasonal, Holidays and Weekends), overnight, weekends, residential treatment, in-home treatment, emergency and crisis.
- True Help Services, Inc.
- Location: 526 Simpson Rd, Kissimmee, FL 34744
- Phone: 407-348-2383; 407-460-9097
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.truehelpservices.com
- Provides respite services for Orange, Osceola, Seminole, and Brevard counties through Medicaid, including in-home support and companions. This service is also available for someone traveling through this area that makes prior arrangements and requests this private-duty.