To see the more information about a specific resource, click on the resource’s name and the rest of the information will appear.
Online Camp Directory
- Grown-Up Camps
Website providing links for Special Needs programs
- Website: http://www.grownupcamps.com
- Kids’ Camps
Website providing links for Special Needs camps
- Website: http://www.kidscamps.com
- The CampPage Guide to Summer Camps
Search engine for Special Needs Summer Camps
- Website: http://www.camppage.com
- Very Special Camps
Camps & Programs for People with Special Needs
Our Framework & Objectives:
1. Provide free access to the public & free camper recruitment listing to qualified camps.
2. House a comprehensive database of special needs camps.
3. Implement a search engine which is easy to use and allows for a “best possible match”
Allow the camp community to help shape the direction and evolution of Very Special Camps
- BreakAway 2015
Camp by Lift Disability Network
- When: July 7-11, 2015
- Phone: 407-228-8343
- Website: http://liftdisability.net/breakaway
- Lift Disability Network is committed to parting the clouds that obscure the potential of the disability family through a new initiative, Breakaway. This family experience is designed to provide the disability family an experience in recreation, relaxation and spiritual renewal.
- Cost: Contact Lift Disability. Cost includes motel style accommodations, food, and all activities. A limited number of partial scholarships are offered depending upon available funds. Lift encourages families to reach out to at least two additional funding sources.
- Special Touch Summer Get Aways
- Location: Lake Aurora Christian Came in Lake Wales, FL
- Phone:Office: 321-723-2188; Cell: 321-480-9806
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.specialtouch.org
- Contact: Rev. Joe and Ann Trementozzi
- For this year’s getaway dates, http://www.specialtouch.org/getaways
- This getaway is designed to minister physically, emotionally, and spiritually to people with disabilities. Guests range in age from children to adults both with developmental and physical disabilities. Each day’s schedule is appropriate for each group and is designed with one thing in mind; to allow those attending to experience the best week of the year, to make new friends, to leave with a renewed self-esteem and most of all a new and deeper relationship with the Lord.More information can be obtained at the website (http://www.specialtouch.org/a-day-at-the-beach.html)or by contacting Joe or Ann with any questions. Applications can be downloaded from the website. For those who have a financial need, scholarship money is available on a first come basis. A video of last year’s Florida Get Away can be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztt7SLi7j40
Camps for Children with All Kinds of Special Needs
- Camp Barnabas
Life-changing opportunities to people with special needs in a Christian camp setting
- Location: Rt 2, Box 131, Purdy, MO 65734
- Phone: 417-476-2565
- Website: http://www.campbarnabas.org
- Camp Barnabas exists to offer childhood experiences to kids who have been robbed of them by disease or disability. Each summer, Camp Barnabas provides encouragement for literally hundreds of campers, empowering them to live more fully through faith. This spiritual gift of encouragement, the hallmark of Barnabas, one of the least known of Christ’s latter disciples, helps campers face and challenge their disability or illness with courage.
- Camp Challenge
Swimming, nature, singing and crafts… there is nothing we cannot accomplish together!
- Website: http://fl.easterseals.com/site/PageServer?pagename=FLDR_campchallenge
- Fully accredited by the American Camping Association (ACA), Easter Seals Camp Challenge in Sorrento, near Orlando, offers camping programs for children and adults with disabilities. Camp Challenge satisfies the need in each of us for outdoor recreation, socializing with friends, and relaxing on a summer vacation.
- During the months of June and July, more than 250 adults and children with disabilities visit Camp Challenge to experience a traditional summer camp. The remainder of the year, campers enjoy respite weekend camps. This program provides a brief get-away for campers, while giving caretakers a test from constant care-giving.
- At Easter Seals Camp Challenge, campers participate in arts & crafts, nature activities, a universal high and low ropes course, music & dancing, outside entertainers, farm animals, and other camp activities.
- Camp Thunderbird
A real summer camp experience for people with special needs- Make new friends and unforgettable memories!
- Location: Apopka, Florida
- Phone: 407-889-4530
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.questinc.org/camp.htm
- At Camp Thunderbird, developmentally disabled individuals from age 8 to 80 enjoy a number of exciting activities. More importantly, they make new friends and learn skills that can help them gain more independence.
- Cristo Vive International
Summer Camps for Kids with Special Needs
- Website: http://www.cristovive.net/camps/
- Provide children and youth with disabilities and their families with an opportunity to experience the love of God and faith in Christ through a fun and engaging camp adventure.
- Easter Seals Respite Camp
- Location: 31600 Camp Challenge Road, Sorrento, FL 32776
- Phone: 352-383-4711
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.fl.easterseals.com
- Easter Seals Camp Challenge respite camp is held monthly and provides a selection of your favorite activities for persons with disabilities ages 6 and up. Camp provides a chance for individuals to socialize with friends, participate in adaptive recreational activities, and foster new independence. Programs and activities are adaptive and age appropriate. The cost is $225 for each weekend, and $450 for each week long program. Price includes lodging, meals, and any activity or program supplies. To be enrolled, campers must meet established respite criteria:
- Be able to effectively communicate their needs, verbally or non-verbally
- Interact appropriately with other campers and staff
- Function in a 1:3 staff to camper ratio
- During our Respite Camp we provide a sampling of both traditional camp activities and a variety of new programs and outside entertainment. Campers may participate in: swimming, arts and crafts, nature, animal farm, sports and games, or our universal challenge course. During our week long programs we offer travel activities to local areas.
- Foundation for Dreams
Fun, educational, and recreational experiences at Dream Oaks Camp
- Location: 2620 Manatee Avenue West, Suite D Bradenton, FL 34205
- Phone: 941-748-8809
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.foundationfordreams.org/
- The Mission of the Foundation for Dreams, Inc. and Dream Oaks Camp is to provide fun, educational, and recreational experiences in an outdoor camp environment to enhance the lives of children ages 7-17 with physical and developmental disabilities and serious illnesses.
- National Center on Physical Activity & Disability
Summer Camps Fact Sheet
- Location: Pasco County, FL
- Phone: 727-243-6203 or 727-953-5591
Camps for Burn Survivors
- Children’s Burn Camps of Florida
A summer camp for kids who are burn survivors
- Location: P.O. Box 161593, Altamonte Springs, FL 32716-1593
- Phone: 407-461-2228
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.campamigo.com/
- Who: Any child burn survivor aged 6 to 18, living in North or Central Florida
- What: A Summer camp for kids that are burn survivors
- Where: Billy Jo Rish State Mark
- Why: Giving our Campers the opportunity to bond with their peers.
Camps for Children with Chronic Illnesses
- Camp Boggy Creek
A year round camp for children with chronic illnesses
- Location: 30500 Brantley Branch Rd, Eustis, FL 32736-9596
- Phone: 352-483-4200
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.fwww.boggycreek.org/
- Camp Boggy Creek is a year round camp that is non-profit and services children ages 7-16 with serious or chronic illnesses. The camp is free to the child and their families. Funded is obtained through fund raisers, donations, grants and health partners.
Camps for Children with Diabetes
- Camps for Children with Diabetes
Camps all over the United States, Canada, and Latin America
- Diabetes Camping Association
Diabetes Camp Directory – U.S. Camps
Camps for Children with Physical Disabilities
- Amputee Coalition Summer Camps
For Amputees and Children with Limb Differences
Camps for Children Who Are Mentally Challenged
- The Special Gathering: Camps
- Location: PO Box 685, Cocoa, FL 32623
- Contact Name: Richard Stimson
- Phone: 321-632-0130
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.nbbd.com/npr/specialgathering/
- Holds religious services for the mentally challenged community in conjunction with local Church. Provides advocacy, fellowship, ministry teams, training, education, and publications. Also offers summer camps for children with special needs.