Christmas with Nathaniel’s Hope
Registration for Christmas 2017 will open on November 1st!
Since 1998, we have been committed to sharing hope and encouragement with kids, families, and caregivers at children’s hospitals on Christmas Day. Over the years, this one outreach, Caroling for Kids, has developed into three major programs to help kids with special needs (VIPs) and their families, which we now call Christmas with Nathaniel’s Hope:
1. Caroling for Kids teams share hope and encouragement with patients, families and caregivers at children’s hospitals on Christmas day through caroling and bearing goodies and gifts! Join a caroling team, accompany with an instrument, or help provide goodies, candy canes, small stuffed animals, and prepackaged Christmas cookies!
2. Caroling Caravan teams visit pre-screened, medically fragile VIP kids and their families who are home-bound for Christmas. They deliver Christmas cheer and toys from Nathaniel’s Toy Shop to a VIP family’s home. Sign up and take a team of people with you! Or, if you have a medically fragile VIP and are home bound, apply to have a caroling team visit you!
3. Nathaniel’s Toy Shop provides FREE toys to VIP families with a financial need at Christmas. Host a toy drive, donate a toy at Walgreens, or help at Nathaniel’s Toy Shop! Or, if you have a child with special needs and need assistance, this shop is for you!
Info for VIP Families
Central Florida families that are in financial need and have a child with special needs are invited to participate. You can register here to shop for toys that have been donated at a variety of partner locations, including over 180 local Walgreens stores! Toys can be picked up (while supplies last) during your pre-determined pick-up time that you select upon registering. Nathaniel’s Toy Shop is located in Orlando, FL. Space is limited.
Caroling Caravan Home-bound families (those with medically, home-bound VIP kids) who are in financial need and are located in Central Florida may be eligible for delivery by a Caroling Caravan team on Christmas Eve/Day. In order to request a Caroling Caravan delivery, this year you will register for a time slot to shop at Nathaniel’s Toy Shop. On the registration form, when asked if you would like to request a Caroling Caravan, choose “yes” and complete required fields. All Caroling Caravan requests will be screened by our staff. If approved to receive a Caroling Caravan, you will be removed from the shopping time for which you originally registered. However, if your request for Caravan delivery is declined, you will still have your registered time to shop.
Please note: For both Nathaniel’s Toy Shop and Caroling Caravan you must have proper paperwork. (See below.***)
*** We require proper identification:
1. Proof of disability for the VIP (IEP, SSI Letter, or official letter on letterhead from doctor or therapist). This must be uploaded with your online registration.
2. Driver’s license or passport for the parent/guardian who is shopping. This must be brought with you to the Toy Shop.
2. Birth certificates for each VIP child and sibling you have registered (they must be living in your home). This must be brought with you to the Toy Shop.
Nathaniel’s Toy Shop
Come volunteer in Nathaniel’s Toy Shop (December 9th – 11th), where we provide FREE Christmas gifts to VIP families in need in Central Florida. Volunteer jobs include gift wrapping, shopping with parents, VIP child care and prayer team. All child care volunteers must be pre-screened Buddy Break Buddies.
Caroling Caravan families visit homes of pre-screened, medically fragile VIP kids and families on Christmas Eve and/or Christmas day to deliver toys and Christmas cheer to those who are not able to leave their homes. Prayerfully consider embracing a family and asking friends to join you in caroling and also possibly giving a gift card, gas card or small gift basket to bless the family in addition to the toys that we provide. Please ask if you can take a picture to email to our office and share about your experience.
Caroling for Kids
Individuals and families volunteer their time on Christmas Day to sing carols and deliver Christmas goodies to uplift the spirits of those who are in the hospital, though the real gift that is given is the gift of “your presence.” We also use seasoned musicians to lead the teams on guitar, keyboard, etc. This program began in children’s hospitals but has now expanded to include other hospitals, making it Caroling for Kids “of all ages.” Please note that space is limited for these teams.
Help us prepare goodies, tag candy canes & new beanie babies, and make cookie platters for Christmas day! Location varies between Nathaniel’s Toy Shop & our Nathaniel’s Hope office.
Help us by collecting any of the following:
- New beanie babies/small stuffed animals
- Large red&white candy canes
- New toys/gifts — for kids&teens!
- Individual prepackaged cookies, candies, crackers, chips, pretzels… any snack items!
- Store-bought, packaged Christmas cookies
- Financial donation