Caroling For Kids
CAROLING FOR KIDS WAS A GREAT SUCCESS!
Click here to see photos.
Since Christmas Day in 1998, we have been committed to sharing hope and encouragement with kids, families, and caregivers at Children’s Hospitals and with Home-bound VIP kids and families on Christmas Day through caroling and bearing goodies and gifts. Our Caroling for Kids program is composed of three different ways of sharing hope. Click here to find out how it all began. If you would like to see highlights from last year, click here.
VIP Families Register here:
Nathaniel’s Toy Store or Caroling Caravan for VIP Families
Families that are in financial need and that have a child with special needs and their siblings are invited to participate.
You can register here to shop for toys that have been donated by local Walgreens stores. Toys can be picked up at the Nathaniel’s Toy Store, which is located in Central Florida, while supplies last. Homebound families (those with medically fragile VIP kids) may be eligible for delivery by a Caroling Caravan Team on Christmas Day. You must have proper identification as well as a birth certificate for each child you have registered.
We are requiring proper identification for the adult shopping, birth certificates for each child you have registered (they must be living in your home), and proof of disability for the VIP. Examples of proof of disability are IEP, 504 plan, medical report or record from doctor, physical or therapist (OT, PT, SPH or LMHC).
How Can YOU Help Bring Hope This Christmas?
- Donate a toy, candy canes, or packaged goodies at a local Walgreens
- Volunteer at Nathaniel’s Workshop Toy Store
- Register to be a part of a Caroling Hospital Team or Caroling Caravan
- Help prepare goodies to be distributed
Volunteers Register here:
Hospital Caroling Teams
Individuals and families volunteer their time on Christmas Day to sing carols and deliver Christmas goodies to uplift the spirits of those who are in the hospital on Christmas Day; though the real gift that is given is the gift of “your presence.” This program began in Children’s Hospitals but has now expanded to include other Hospitals making it Caroling for Kids “of all ages.” REGISTER NOW!
Caroling Caravan families visit homes of homebound VIP kids and families on Christmas Eve and/or Christmas Day and deliver toys and Christmas cheer to those who are not able to leave their homes. REGISTER NOW!
Nathaniel’s Workshop Toy Store
Come volunteer in Nathaniel’s Toy Store where we help provide Christmas for VIP families. Volunteer jobs include gift wrapping, shopping, child care and prayer team. REGISTER NOW!
Currently we are planning on having caroling locations in:
- Central Florida (including Orange, Osceola, Seminole, and Brevard Counties)
If you would like to have Caroling for Kids in your area, please contact us at 407-857-8224.
Additional ways that you can be involved this Christmas:
Before Christmas we need:
- New toys
- Individual prepackaged cookies, candies, crackers, chips, pretzels… any snack items!
- Store-bought, packaged Christmas cookies
- Large red and white candy canes
- New small beanie babies
- Volunteers to help prepare the goodies for the big day
- Financial donations
Beginning November 15, you can drop off your donations at one of 130 participating Walgreens Stores in Central Florida. The deadline for dropping off these goodies is Thursday, December 10.
On Christmas Day we need:
- Carolers that will sing and join us for a portion of Christmas Day with our Hospital Caroling Teams. (We will have different time frames and locations throughout the day.) Space is limited for these teams.
- Carolers that will sing and visit homebound VIP kids and their families as part of “Caroling Caravan.” (This may be the perfect way to get your family involved, especially if you have smaller children that would not be able to fully participate in the caroling at the hospitals.) Invite other family and friends to join you!
- Seasoned musicians to lead the team on guitar, keyboard, etc.
Registration for Caroling for kids 2012 begins November 1.